White Bean and Chicken Chili
Posted On March 9, 2016
Make beans a part of your diet!
Recipe submitted by Linda at Eckert Seamans.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share we would like to post it! Just email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 15 Oz. Can White Beans, Rinsed*
- 2 Scallions (Or Green Onions), Sliced
- 14.5 Oz. Can Of Diced Tomatoes, Drained**
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 3/4 C. Chicken Broth
- ¾ Tsp. Chili Powder
- 3/4 C. Cooked Chicken Breast
- ½ Tsp. Cumin
- Tabasco Sauce (To Taste)
- 2 Dashes Sea Salt
- 2 Dashes Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Rice (Optional)
- Cook one-half boneless, skinless chicken breast in 1 tbsp. olive oil, sprinkling both sides of the breast with salt and pepper as it cooks.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium pot, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Saute scallions and garlic until garlic just begins to get golden.
- Add chili powder and cumin and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 or 2 dashes of tabasco sauce, although for me the recipe already has a slight kick if eaten immediately.
- Serve with hot, crusty buttered fresh bread, or over rice (which will cut the spiciness), and add a salad. Serves 2 people.
* Kidney beans are the best. If you cannot find white kidney beans, use canned navy beans, also rinsed.
*Mexican tomatoes are the best (with diced jalapenos), but any type will do.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower’s website.