This wonderful recipe, works as a delightful appetizer for potlucks, picnics or simply when enjoying a summertime dinner.
- 1 pounds fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cut mushrooms into 1/8-inch slices.
- Mix mushroom slices and lemon juice in large bowl (glass or plastic).
- Stir in oil, onions, 1/4 cup parsley, the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Toss; cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, remove from mixing bowl to serving bowl, using slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.