Avocados are super for our heart and overall health.
- 1 ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
It’s the easiest salad
Just mix them all together, salt and pepper to taste.
Another wonderful addition to this is coarsely chopped tomatoes and basil!
Salmon is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids which aid in cholesterol control and overall heart health.
- 8 ounce smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups green beans or chopped broccoli
- 1/2 pound pasta, cooked
- Capers, optional
- Salt and pepper
Continue reading “Smoked Salmon Pasta”
Frittatas are a great way to use up veggies that are almost out the door. Give this one a try but experiment with your own veggies too.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups scrubbed, chopped zucchini
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- In skillet, cook onions and green pepper in butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, cook covered 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and tomato, cook stirring, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add eggs.
- Over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in 10″ ovenproof skillet.
- Add egg mixture, cook 3-5 minutes till underside is set.
- Bake preheated 400 F degrees oven for 1 to 2 minutes till puffed and golden.
- Cut into wedges.
This dish provides some great color and is a nutritious and delicious side.
- ½ pound raw beets, trimmed
- 3 heads of Belgian Endives, medium
- 1 red onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Place the beets in a saucepan and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil until the beets are tender, about 30 minutes, depending on the size or age of the beets.
- Drain and let cool.
- Remove the skins and slice the beets.
- Trim off the bottom of the endives and cut them into 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Drop the pieces into cold water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a salad bowl.
- Add the oil and blend well with a wire whisk.
- Add the beets, endive, onion and parsley.
- Toss well and serve.