Salmon is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids which aid in cholesterol control and overall heart health.
- 8 ounce smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups green beans or chopped broccoli
- 1/2 pound pasta, cooked
- Capers, optional
- Salt and pepper
Continue reading “Smoked Salmon Pasta”
Frittatas are a great way to use up veggies that are almost out the door. Give this one a try but experiment with your own veggies too.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups scrubbed, chopped zucchini
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- In skillet, cook onions and green pepper in butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, cook covered 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and tomato, cook stirring, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add eggs.
- Over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in 10″ ovenproof skillet.
- Add egg mixture, cook 3-5 minutes till underside is set.
- Bake preheated 400 F degrees oven for 1 to 2 minutes till puffed and golden.
- Cut into wedges.
This dish provides some great color and is a nutritious and delicious side.
- ½ pound raw beets, trimmed
- 3 heads of Belgian Endives, medium
- 1 red onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Place the beets in a saucepan and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil until the beets are tender, about 30 minutes, depending on the size or age of the beets.
- Drain and let cool.
- Remove the skins and slice the beets.
- Trim off the bottom of the endives and cut them into 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Drop the pieces into cold water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a salad bowl.
- Add the oil and blend well with a wire whisk.
- Add the beets, endive, onion and parsley.
- Toss well and serve.