Frittatas are a great way to use up veggies that are almost out the door. Give this one a try but experiment with your own veggies too.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups scrubbed, chopped zucchini
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- In skillet, cook onions and green pepper in butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, cook covered 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and tomato, cook stirring, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add eggs.
- Over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in 10″ ovenproof skillet.
- Add egg mixture, cook 3-5 minutes till underside is set.
- Bake preheated 400 F degrees oven for 1 to 2 minutes till puffed and golden.
- Cut into wedges.