Veggies and whole grains are great for cholesterol control. For extra fiber use whole wheat couscous. This is a great and quick dish to make for a potluck!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup eggplant, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup couscous, precooked
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add onions, turmeric, coriander, eggplant, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until wilted, but do not brown.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, add the couscous and blend well.
- Cover tightly, remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and lemon juice, stir and blend with a fork to separate the grains.
- Keep warm.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower’s website.