Known as poor man’s food in Italy, this meal is fit to serve a king!
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 can or 2 cups cooked cannellini beans (reserving 1/3 cup liquid)
- 1 ½ pounds of chopped kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium pot, sauté sliced garlic and red pepper flakes in oil on low heat until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the beans including the liquid.
- Add the chopped kale and simmer until they’re cooked but still firm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you would like it to be a bit more like a soup you can add some additional water.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on the top of each bowl and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a nice piece of bread. Enjoy!