One of the most perfect holiday cookies! Give this ginger snap recipe a try.
Yields: Approximately 3 dozen cookies
- ¼ cup softened, butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar (you can leave out1 to 2 Tablespoons)
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger
- Preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugar, molasses, and egg. Beat well.
- Sift all dry ingredients together. Add the dry to the wet mixture. Mix well. Add ginger chips and mix throughout.
- Chill mixture for one hour.
- Form 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in granulated sugar (this is optional).
- Place on a greased cookie sheet, approximately 2- inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.