Mustard greens are a good source of soluble fiber which benefits our cholesterol control. Give this unique and flavorful dish a try.
- 2 bunches fresh mustard greens
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- Wash greens carefully.
- Trim off any tough stems.
- Hold 3 or 4 leaves together and tear into small even pieces.
- Bring a small amount water to a boil.
- Add salt and greens.
- Cook until greens are tender.
- Turn greens over in a pan and add chopped onions, and pepper.
- Cook until slightly limp.
- Form creamy paste with peanut butter and water.
- Pour paste over entire surface of greens.
- Cook slowly 10 minutes, stirring continually to blend.
- Continue to cook until moist, not runny.
- Serve with rice.