A fabulous side dish that is soooo easy to make!
- 1 pound carrots
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Peel the carrots, and cut them into thin rings.
- Put the wine, water, vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf and oil into a pan.
- Bring to a boil and; add the carrots.
- Boil for 8 minutes.
- Pour the ingredients into a bowl and; stir in the mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave to stand for at least 6 hours.
- For the fullest flavor, let it stand for a couple of days.