Give this interesting combination a try. It might just be your crowd pleaser at the Thanksgiving feast.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or yams (about 2 pounds) or substitute one 23 ounce can
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel (optional)
- If you are not using canned sweet potatoes, you must first peel and boil the sweet potatoes until soft. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat remaining ingredients in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Add sweet potatoes.
- Stir gently until glazed and hot.