This recipe will work well for various meals. Use it as an appetizer and serve it with slices of carrots, bell pepper and celery. Or use it as a sandwich topping.
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ¼ water
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice from a fresh lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Spices and herbs to season: examples: cumin powder, dried or fresh parsley, sweet paprika, curry powder
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth but thick.
Put on a plate and decorate with spices, herbs and a bit of olive oil. Enjoy with raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, and bell pepper or with pita bread or crackers