Cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage are super foods! Enjoy this veggie in the form of sauerkraut.
- 1 Medium Cabbage (green or red)
- 2 Tablespoons Pickling Salt
- Distilled or filtered water (non-chlorinated)
- Shred the cabbage.
- In a large bowl, mix shredded cabbage and salt together.
- Pound the cabbage mixture to expel the juices.
- Place pounded cabbage and juices in a medium sized glass jar (1 Quart Sized).
- Press down firmly on the cabbage.
- Add distilled water until cabbage is fully submerged.
- Solution should be at least one inch from the top of the jar.
- Cover the jar and let sit for 3 to 7 days at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator.