Let’s stock our pantries for eating in the home success. A can of tuna fish is a helpful food to leave in your pantry for those days when you need a quick meal. Try this tuna salad recipe it contains yogurt and is quick and easy to make.
- 1 can Tuna
- Plain yogurt
- Additional ingredients (see list below)
Empty the can of tuna into a small bowl.
Mix in just plain yogurt to bind the tuna.
Add additional ingredients to your liking.
Place over a salad or on a bagel or bread.
Ideas for additional ingredients:
Green or black olives, diced
Green or red pepper, diced
Dill pickle, diced
Hard boiled egg, chopped
- Four 6 ounce fillets red snapper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
Continue reading “Fish topped with Salsa”
This is a great marinade for a variety of fish. Many fish contain omega-3 fatty acids benefiting our cholesterol and heart health.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Pound white fish of choice cut into 1-inch pieces (Types of white fish: cod, sea bass, halibut, mahi-mahi)
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped lettuce
- Using a container that has a lid, mix the lemon juice, oregano, olive oil, salt and garlic. Once the ingredients are mixed, add the fish.
- Put the lid on the container (make sure it’s sealed!), and shake to combine. Let this marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Turn the fish and marinate for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the fish and use some of the marinade to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Heat on medium and add the fish and cook through. You can also cook the fish on the grill if you prefer.
- Serve on pita bread with sliced tomato and lettuce.
Play With Your Food!
- Serve the fish on top of a salad.
- Serve with sliced red onion in addition to the tomato and lettuce.
- Try this with shrimp instead of fish.
- If grilling, try using skewers.
Fish as a regular part of the diet provides a fabulous balance for healthy heart health.
- 2 pounds red snapper or similar fish
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, ground
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt (and a pinch more for sprinkling on the fish)
- 1 dash pepper
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Thaw the fish fillets if frozen. When thawed cut into 8 fillets
- Cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender but not brown.
- Add the almonds, lime juice, the ½ teaspoon of salt, and pepper.
- Heat through.
- In a well greased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish, arrange the fish fillets and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Top with the onion mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cilantro, (or with parsley).
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 35 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
You can enjoy meals and at the same time help to prevent cancers! In order to do this, incorporate omega-3 fatty acid fish into your diet.
For the Salmon:
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs, each about 4-inches long
- 3 pounds center-cut salmon, cut into 6 slices about 2 inches thick
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
For the Sauce:
- 1 lemon
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, each about 4 inches long
- 1 clove garlic, sliced paper thin
- 1 sprinkle of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, skins removed
Prepare the Fish:
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs.
- In a shallow bowl, marinate the sliced salmon with the rosemary leaves, olive oil, and lemon zest and juice for about 1 hour.
Make the Sauce:
- Preheat an oven to 500*F (250*C).
- Peel the zest from the lemon, using a vegetable peeler, and finely julienne.
- Juice the lemon.
- Combine the lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, salt and oil in a heatproof bowl, set aside.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet or jelly roll pan and roast for 12 minutes.
- Immediately place the roasted tomatoes into the heat-proof bowl.
- Smash them with a fork and incorporate with the other ingredients.
- The intense heat of the roasted tomatoes will cook the other ingredients.
Start the Grill:
- Grill the salmon for 2 minutes on each side. It should be pink, not rare, in the center.
- Serve immediately with the tomato mixture.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower’s website.
2 pounds fresh or frozen fish steaks (Halibut or other fish steak)
½ cup onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
½ cup orange juice
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
If using frozen fish, thaw the frozen fish steaks.
Arrange the fish in a 12 X 7 1/2 X 2-inch baking dish.
In a small skillet cook the onion and the garlic in oil until the onion is tender but not brown.
Stir in the cilantro, salt and pepper.
Spread the mixture over the fish.
Combine the orange juice and lemon juice and pour evenly over the fish.
Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with orange slices, if desired.