Here is an easy to make nutritious and delicious side option.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive and coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash and scrub potatoes leaving the skins on.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2 inch sticks or cubes and set aside
- Mix together the spices and oil
- Add the potato sticks to the mixture and coat well
- Lay onto a cookie sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir them halfway through cooking.
Give this interesting combination a try. It might just be your crowd pleaser at the Thanksgiving feast.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or yams (about 2 pounds) or substitute one 23 ounce can
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel (optional)
- If you are not using canned sweet potatoes, you must first peel and boil the sweet potatoes until soft. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat remaining ingredients in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Add sweet potatoes.
- Stir gently until glazed and hot.
And yet, another super food…. the sweet potato…Great for overall health, cholesterol control included.
- 1 can of sweet potatoes (15 oz.)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Put the bread crumbs onto a plate and set aside. Next, place the sweet potatoes in a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- Shape the sweet potatoes into small patties and roll each patty in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Brown each patty on both sides and serve warm.
Play With Your Food!
- Add a pinch of cinnamon.
- Add some dried or freshly diced onions.
- Use freshly cooked sweet potatoes or yams
- Use seasoned bread crumbs.
For more information: Click here to visit Will Clower’s website.
· 6 medium sweet potatoes
· 1 ½ cups apple, sliced
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1/3 cup brown sugar
· 4 Tablespoons butter
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350-F.
Boil sweet potatoes until tender.
Slice in 1/4 inch pieces.
Butter a 13×9 baking dish and put a layer of sweet potatoes in bottom, then a layer of apples.
Sprinkle with sugar, salt and cinnamon, and dot with butter. Repeat until dish is filled.
Bake for about 50 minutes.
Saturated Fat: 2g