I know, I know, taco salads are typically associated with bar food, horrible eating habits, and WAY too much beer!!
But that doesn’t mean we can get all the healthy benefits of this super salad … you just have to control consumption.
Try this at home … it’s delicious and a perfect quick spring time meal!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips